Friday, September 17, 2010

Powermac Operating System Problem??

I newly bought an old Powermac G4, when I bought it I be told it had no operating system. Since one of the other computers I bought beside it were running OS 9.2.2 I figure it's firmware was probably up to date plenty to run OS 10 (the only OS I own). So, I get it hooked up- booted from disk- and insalled OS 10.3, but strangely nough once it was finished next to the install- it just said that installation be complete and didn't ask for CD #2. Now whenever it boots no thing what I try, it will either show the no OS symbol, or show the apple logo for partly a second and then impart me a NO symbol- a circle with a diagonal stripe through the center. I have no belief wat I should do now. I contemplated taking one of my bootable OS 9 Hard Drives from another Powermac, but I be afraid it could harm the G4 or the Hard Drive.



I've never encounter anything like this past and am clueless- please help!

Powermac Operating System Problem??

You should post your quiz in the Apple Support site: http://discussions.apple.com/category.js...
own you check on the apple site www.apple.com/support Mac OS. Sorry, I don't have a great answer for you but for me freshly browsing the support section I usually find what I inevitability.


No comments:

Post a Comment