Friday, September 17, 2010

Should I apply thermal compound to my CPU when my rust Temperature is at 40C?

Its a 3.0ghz Intel P4 Prescott processor next to HT with a standard Intel Heatsink. I don't infer its a high temp but still i reason it could be lower. I have a custom made side that have allows alot of air into the system so i enjoy very pious cooling. So should i even bother applying thermal compound to my CPU with a fallow temp of 40C? I don't think i enjoy ever seen it dance above 46C so im not worried about it hurting my CPU.

Should I apply thermal compound to my CPU when my rust Temperature is at 40C?

It's other a good model to apply thermal compound! Cheap insurance! Just be careful not to put too much, todays compounds are made up of a bit of silver,(i.e. Silver Artic thermal paste), and when the cpu get hot it can ooze down, short out on exposed solder joints! Remember de-static previously touching cpu, LOL!
no

i run an AMD x64 4400+ plus it idles give or take a few 41C, though the factory sink fan combo come with thermal cement on the fan / sink
I've get 36c and i think its middle-of-the-road.
I wouldn't bother. 40c is pretty low. If your at 100% load temp never reach 50c then you are within pretty good shape.


No comments:

Post a Comment