Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Upgrades to bring my dell Dimension 2400 up to date?

Ok it have all of the non-attendance stuff it had earlier no changes. It is an intell pentium 4 near windows xp. I want to upgrade this computer instead of buying a integral new one. I want to know how to play games and watch movies, picture photos ext. any graphics cards i should buy or anything. I want the comp to be faster and a good gaming mechanism. Thanks

Upgrades to bring my dell Dimension 2400 up to date?

I upgraded my Dell a few times, I belive it is the same model, I get it almost 4 years ago.

The good report is that extra RAM and video cards are both easy to install.

If you right click My Computer, it will update you your current RAM, you probably have 256 MB. Today's games necessitate a minimum of 512, but I would recommend 1 Gig (1024MB). Adding a 1G DDR RAM stick will cost you 65 or 70 bucks probably, shop around.

You can also add a video card for pictographic intensive games. The minimum is 128MB, but you probably want 256. You might considder a 512MB depending on how new your games are, but I am not sure how much extra that will do, your processor might become the constraining factor at that point.

Anyway, that should be ample equipment to last you another year or two!
Dell's Community Forum would serve you better. Go to Dell's website and affiliate their forum. There are a good deal of knowledgable member that can lead you surrounded by the right step and are experienced with this subject. I own a Dell also, and hold posted questions in attendance too,with fitting results.
GO TO THIS LINK http://support.dell.com/support/download...

TYPE IN YOUR SYSTEM MODEL AND DELL WILL GIVE U THE RECENT AND LATEST UPDATES FOR YOUR SYSTEM.


No comments:

Post a Comment